Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Refreshing colour from Domiplan 50/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Refreshing colour from Domiplan 50/2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I think the price for the lens just increased.
Ive been looking for a soap bubble lens, I think I've found one I really like, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog
Very artistic and nicely composed. Colors are nice!
This is encouraging. I picked up one and it was delivered yesterday.
Will get to try over the weekend.

EDIT:

Appears that I lucked out, and got a "1Q" version, and the optics are properly collimated.

One taken at f/2.8:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoh Trippy. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hoping spring hurries up and things start blooming soon here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, grainy! Did you use a bellows or extension tubes? Pretty good for a lens that not long ago was pretty much dismised as "junk" by most people Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good indeed...It's time to rethink the Domiplan. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice colors indeed grainy!
WNG555 wow that's some real crazy bokeh!

Totally different, but both very nice results, they all look like impressionistic paintings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scsambrook it looks like you're a domiplan fan! Yes the lens was on extension rings as the flowers are indeed tiny.

Attached is a picture showing the minimum focusing distance, and one done with extension rings.

Mine is also an old "1Q" version with blue coating.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,grainy! Thanks for the response and Yes, I'm 'sort of' a Domiplan fan - I have a weakness for three-legged dogs, cats who've lost their tails and parrots that can't talk . . . Wink

I have two Domiplans (woo-hoo, huge investment there!) both of which have the IQ symbol and take 49mm filters. The earliest ones took 40.5mm accessories and -in my experience at the time - were prone to coming apart when you unscrewed anything you'd tightened up too much. My theory about all the Est German stuff is that it got steadily worse as time went by and I wonder if the "40.5mm Domiplans" were actually better than the later ones. Maybe we should have a Domiplan survey !

Your lens looks to perform very much like the one I have with the working iris - a bit "hysterical" wide open but getting quite respectable by f5.6. Try it in front of a 2x teleconverter - you get even more fun then.

"Keep Calm and Keep On Snapping!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koen Nhz wrote:
Very nice colors indeed grainy!
WNG555 wow that's some real crazy bokeh!

Totally different, but both very nice results, they all look like impressionistic paintings.

Yes, pretty wild bokeh. But pixel peeping the above shot showed very good sharpness wide open, so I was relieved and thrilled.
The bokeh reminds me when I accidentally reversed the rear element of a Sonnar-derivative lens.