Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Pentax 3.5/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: SMC Pentax 3.5/28 Reply with quote

Over the last few days I have been running my lenses through some basic "tests" that approximate my methods of shooting for the focal lengths involved.
The objective is to sort through them to arrive at a rationalisation of the numbers - keep what I like and onsell others.
Here is one that will stay.
All shots taken in our front garden
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting lens. I would like to get one. Nice shots and front garden! Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SMC Pentax 3.5/28 Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Over the last few days I have been running my lenses through some basic "tests" that approximate my methods of shooting for the focal lengths involved.
The objective is to sort through them to arrive at a rationalisation of the numbers - keep what I like and onsell others.
Here is one that will stay.

I think that those shots definitely show off the positive qualities of the K 28/3.5.

I'd say that your "test panel" is sound. [~I~ would have also wanted a couple of "scenic shots", too, but that would be only because those are also important for ~my~ shooting.]

I own a few other K-mount 28's (K 28/2.0, VS1 28/1.9, Vivitar 28/2.0 CF, Vivitar 28/2.8 CF), but the K 28/3.5 is certainly a "keeper", worth more than I could ever get for it if sold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Like 1 small

Is the Takumar lens optically on par? http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_860.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Nice pictures. Like 1 small

Is the Takumar lens optically on par? http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_860.html

if those shots are made with a Pentax 28mm 3.5 so called K (by opposition to the M ) , the Takumar is not on par especially on a FF sensor.
I own both lenses and had an opportunity to test a second Takumar. The K is a far better lens. Nevertheless the Takumar has a nice rendition with beautiful colours ( SMC) . The K is sharper across the frame . Mine has no AC .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
Yes this is the so called "K" model I think - not an "M" anyway.
Lots of close-in tree-ed landscape around here. This is as close to scenic as it gets without leaving home Laugh 1

OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "K" doesn't have any letter designation printed on it, people call it that to differentiate it from the "M" & "A" versions.
This lens is like the 4th or 5th iteration of the 28/3.5 and it shows, it's evenly sharp across the frame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
The "K" doesn't have any letter designation printed on it, people call it that to differentiate it from the "M" & "A" versions.
This lens is like the 4th or 5th iteration of the 28/3.5 and it shows, it's evenly sharp across the frame.

Thanks for that.
Currently I only use my lenses on APSC, but it is good to know that the lens is useful on FF as well.
I was on my way to collect eggs from our chook house this morning and passed the cannas. Here is a quick shot wide open.
Plenty sharp enough
OH