Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FJW Industries 90mm f1.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: FJW Industries 90mm f1.0 Reply with quote

I've wanted one of these for a while. This is the same lens as the Varo Optical 90mm f1.0, most probably made for X-ray use. Unlike most X-ray lenses and especially of the 90mm f1's (Old Delft and Kowa), this one has both a large image circle and a flange distance allowing infinity focus on a mirrorless. The plusses are: surprisingly good contrast, not too much undercorrection of spherical aberration (with usually leads X-ray lenses to make images looking like they were shot in heavy fog, not much vignetting (since the image circle is more than 50mm), reasonable sharpness in the center, no visible LaCA and high flare resistance. The minuses are some color fringing, a fair amount of blooming around details (low microcontrast) and poorish corners (but nothing like a Petzval). Altogether quite a respectable design.

The first four images are with no processing. The fourth I'm posting in two versions, the first uncorrected, and the second processed with some deconvolution plugins to sharpen small details and corrected for vignetting. The next five are corrected images, as I find that they clean up quite nicely with some detail recovery. and defringing.

#1o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, less dreamy and more usable than some x-ray lenses Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1