Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Nokton Classic 1.4/40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Nokton Classic 1.4/40 Reply with quote

I love this lens...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Marcel, it clearly shows why!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's indeed looking to be a nice lens and very compact too. It's not seen very often. Thanks for the presentation.
Still not sure whether I should get it as I have all other focus lengths of the classic CV lenses already and in particular the 35/1.7 and the 50/1.5. I think it's size would be a benefit over the other ones. On the other hand it would need an external finder for my Bessa R2.
I think it was primarily designed for the Leica CL and Minolta CLE where the 40mm frameline in the viewer is supported.
Looking at its price + viewer + lens hood I think I will rather leave it as I still didn't manage to find a decent CLE for little money where this lens would be best. 60mm FOV on my Ricoh isn't really convincing enough. On your A7 it makes obviously more sense and is more comparable to the 20mm pancake lens on MFT which I like very much as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir - nice photos indeed ! I like mine very much. On the M8 (1.3x crop factor) it's close to the 'standard' lens on full frame, and the current secondhand price is still very reasonable. It performs much like the earlier Leitz 35/1.4 Summilux but at less than a quarter of the price.

Thomas - I think it's intended 'partner' was the Voigtlander rangefinder model with the 1:1 viewfinder set-up, I can't recall whether it was R3 or R4. If you look at Stephen Gandy's Voigtlander site all the info will be there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

Thomas - I think it's intended 'partner' was the Voigtlander rangefinder model with the 1:1 viewfinder set-up, I can't recall whether it was R3 or R4. If you look at Stephen Gandy's Voigtlander site all the info will be there.

Stephen, thank you. Obviously I've overlooked this information on Gandy's site which is indeed very helpful for friends of Voigtlaender stuff. The R3 takes care about the 40mm lens. However, not my R2.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gentleman !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some lovely photos. Great composition and sharpness. Could you fill me in on what camera and settings you used?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one on my A7 - By far my favourite lens Smile I also have a Yashica ML50/1.7 [& 1.9] ML28/2.8, Leitz Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8, Helios 44-2 & the native FE35/2.8 [for the autofocus when the kids want to use the camera] but the CV40 sees much more use than everything else put together!!

Great variety of shots Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to stop mine down to f8 to have sharp corners. It is a nice landscape lens thanks to this 40mm focal length. More open a nice lens too, very different.

Berlin on the boat on the river Spree.

Atlanta

]

Alabama ( f1.4)

My friend ( f2)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like very much the market with the japanese lamps and the perspective you found from ground,