Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELP: Schneider-Kreuznach 1.8/10 C-Mount Motorized CCTV Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: HELP: Schneider-Kreuznach 1.8/10 C-Mount Motorized CCTV Lens Reply with quote

Hi, i recently bought this lens from a friend that use to have alot of CCTV cameras and he sold them all. Anyways, I was wondering, the front glass of this lens looks identical to the Cine version for Super 16mm Cameras. Do you think it produces the same quality or is this one a cheap version just because it was made for CCTV instead of Cine cameras ? Honestly the only difference i see is that this CCTV one is inside a Magnesium Alloy body and its motorized. Even the coating looks identical. So is it just as good as the Cine version or is it cheaper ? does it cost less ? I need help on this.

Last edited by Yahvel on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same one. However, you will need some works and you may need to make some parts to get it working as the normal one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is the same one. However, you will need some works and you may need to make some parts to get it working as the normal one.

I can focus without any problems using the focusing ring in the back. I attached it to my Pentax Q Camera using a C-Mount to Q Adapter and i managed to take some pictures and record some videos. It reaches infinity without any issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what about aperture control?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
But what about aperture control?

I cant control aperture. I which their was a way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why the motorised versions of CCTV lenses costs next to nothing - you can't control the aperture, and with most, you can't control the focus either.