Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina SD 70-210mm 4.0-5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Tokina SD 70-210mm 4.0-5.6 Reply with quote

Got this 2 Days ago. Bought it used in perfect Condition for 20,- (Shipping included) and I think, it performs "ok" so far. I'm pleased.

Camera Olympus E-PL2

Pinecone done with f7.1 at about 130mm and ISO 400, Pic 2 is a 100% Crop. I forgot the Data from the Dogpic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has mixed reviews on pentax forums, but several comment that this lens is surprisingly sharp stopped down. Hows yours? Mine is sitting in the repair box, one day I may have a go at getting into it to clean the (heavy) fungus.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
This lens has mixed reviews on pentax forums, but several comment that this lens is surprisingly sharp stopped down. Hows yours? Mine is sitting in the repair box, one day I may have a go at getting into it to clean the (heavy) fungus.

Well, you see it above. Until now, I'm pleased. In my Experiences most Lenses have their best BQ stopped down 1 or 2 Steps. Some more quick Shots. 1.@70mm, 2.@150mm and 3. @210mm Iso 1000, i guess it was also 1 or 2 Steps down. I can't see anything bad for me. (Remember...15,- Eur. ) and try that with the Pinecone with one of the Low Budget Telezooms for 150,- Bucks from Ta...., or Si... (for Example)

A few Days to work before my Holidays and Vacation. I guess there will be Time and Stuff to test and shoot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this lens has been tested when it came out in the late '80s.
German 'fotomagazin' rated it 'super'.
But:
it has to be stopped down at least 1 stop to get the good performance outside the center.

... and from my own experiences:
the zoom-focus-ring is a bit stiff and therefore focussing exactly is hard to do.