Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70mm in Speyer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70mm in Speyer Reply with quote

Good morning MfLenses ! Yesterday we did a little trip to Speyer, visited the city and went to the famous museum. I only took the 35-70mm f/3.4 with my A7II, and it was all I needed !
The lens is tricky to operate. The focus throw is quite long, you really have to make big adjustments all the time... Not for action photography. But back at home, the results are always impressive. F/3.4 is perfectly usable, the statue shot was taken wide-open... But this thing really shines from f/5.6, where it out-resolves the sensor.

Get one Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! I love those last 3 images.

I've heard such good things about this lens! I am deciding between this lens, and the Leica 35-70 f4 E60. Glad to see you had good results with the A7ii, my plan is to use the 35-70 (whichever I end up with) with the a7s and a7rII.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Zeiss and Leica are stunning. I have the Contax 35-70/3.4 and love it to bits. Both have their distinctive rendering. I use mine for landscape shots, so I went for the microcontrast of the Contax. The Contax is also cheaper.

RemcoR