Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lester Dine 105mm f2.5 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Lester Dine 105mm f2.5 macro Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What processing was used here??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nik.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very harsh, posterization etc. Except that was deliberately done aka "artistic" (then I keep my mouth shut),
it basically destroys the beauty of those flowers, except the last one and #2 ... all in my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are copies of originals which were printed Large on canvas for a client,tifs look a lot better,but always appreciate your comments Klaus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Klaus for the most part. I start seeing results like this typically after too much sharpening and too much saturation. Even if they are pics taken of pics, they're showing too much to me. But I must say that I actually like the way your third photo came out -- and I like it because of its desaturated effect.

Great lens, though. Its resolution shines through in several of the pics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
These are copies of originals which were printed Large on canvas for a client,tifs look a lot better,but always appreciate your comments Klaus.

Well, maybe that should have been mentioned then Wink I took it as processing "gone astray" (sorry).
Images printed large format (I do 1000x1000mm at times), need quite some different processing to look
good from the distance...

It wasn't meant to be disrespectful, bare with me please Wink

It is a great lens that you used (I have it, too), hence I had some expectation on the results. It clearly shows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all,I took the lens for a walk downtown yesterday and will post results today..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 2 gots me buzzin!
Very nice.Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareB...Impactual...eh? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All @ f5.6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bokeh for 5.6. I really like second and last shot. Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,appreciated.