Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM - Tiny Marvel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM - Tiny Marvel Reply with quote

I took the Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM out for a few test images yesterday on a Sony a6000 (APS-C).
Have to say I'm impressed. Corner to corner sharpness, nice to work with, so tiny!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Wonderful results Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this too and it is a little jewel for sure as your pictures shows. Zeiss Topogon formula. Approx. 7700 made. Wink

What is your serial? Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have that too, fantstic lens it is! I really like those simple symmetrical optical designs like the Topogon, Hypergon etc. (however, that one isn't completly symmetrical as a glass plate has been added to the rear behind a classical Topogon scheme tho)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Canon RF lenses are wonderful lenses, congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they're great little chunks of Brass and Glass, the little 35/2.8 blows me away, I also have the 28/2.8 which is said to be great, but on my cameras(NEX-7 & A7r) it has corner issues, maybe the A7rII will be better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they resolved the corner issues with the a6000, obviously it's helped by being a crop camera, but no issues here. I took the Sony 24mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar out on the same day, and while the Sony was slightly sharper and had a touch more contrast, they are very, very close in IQ. It's only flare control where the new lens outdid it, and even then, it's not ugly flare.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow indeed!! Shocked
Thanks for sharing the great results.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the bench shot.