Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM - Tiny Marvel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM - Tiny Marvel Reply with quote

I took the Canon 25mm f/3.5 LTM out for a few test images yesterday on a Sony a6000 (APS-C).
Have to say I'm impressed. Corner to corner sharpness, nice to work with, so tiny!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Wonderful results Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this too and it is a little jewel for sure as your pictures shows. Zeiss Topogon formula. Approx. 7700 made. Wink

What is your serial? Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have that too, fantstic lens it is! I really like those simple symmetrical optical designs like the Topogon, Hypergon etc. (however, that one isn't completly symmetrical as a glass plate has been added to the rear behind a classical Topogon scheme tho)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Canon RF lenses are wonderful lenses, congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they're great little chunks of Brass and Glass, the little 35/2.8 blows me away, I also have the 28/2.8 which is said to be great, but on my cameras(NEX-7 & A7r) it has corner issues, maybe the A7rII will be better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they resolved the corner issues with the a6000, obviously it's helped by being a crop camera, but no issues here. I took the Sony 24mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar out on the same day, and while the Sony was slightly sharper and had a touch more contrast, they are very, very close in IQ. It's only flare control where the new lens outdid it, and even then, it's not ugly flare.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow indeed!! Shocked
Thanks for sharing the great results.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the bench shot.