Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

between 14 and 18mm, 550 Usd Max, second hand ok
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: between 14 and 18mm, 550 Usd Max, second hand ok Reply with quote

Hi

One of my best friend just bought a Canon 1200D. (he didnt follow my advices lol) Wink

He didnt know if he will stay with Canon all is life, if he will go for a FF in the nexts years...he just know that he would a really good Wide Angle Lens.

His First plan was to buy (following my advices) one Rokinon / Samyang 14mm F/2.8 but he saw lots of pictures made with the Zeiss distagon 18 F/4 and he was really impressed ahaha, and he just changes his mind :/

So now he would like to spent more money, and have something between the Samyang and the distagon. Wink

He would like one lens:
- between 14mm and 18mm (but certainly 16 or under could be better following his tastes)
- with a maximum budget of 550 USD
- he have nothing about second hand material, si it is a possibility
- without AF : MF better ahahahah

I made some search on this forum but I found nothing, I hope I managed this well...If you have some advices, thanks a lot in advance

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely go for the Samyang 14/2.8 on a crop sensor Canon. The Zeiss has nice pop but isn't as sharp across the frame as the Samyang.