Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My street photos: April and May 2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: My street photos: April and May 2015 Reply with quote

After years of shooting still objects, I think it is time for me to do something else. In the last few months, I have fall in love with street photography. Here are the selections from the photos I took in April and May. Some of the photos here are taken with MF lenses and the most of the rest are taken with my OLYMPUS M.17mm F2.8(most of the time focused at two to three meters) at EM5.

For the rest of the photos, please visit my Flickr album https://www.flickr.com/photos/calvin83/sets/72157650603746808 . I will upload new photos on a regular basis.

Unruffled by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

I am listening by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Evening nap by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Collaboration by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Hats everywhere by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

The mighty four by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Come to life by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Couple synchronized by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Subway camping by Calvin Lee, on Flickr

Thanks for all the members who have supported me in this forum and Flickr!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have amazing talent! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word. Superb!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great, especially the first two and the girl next to the billboard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really amazing pictures.

Although, I have to state that you have a big advantage for that kind of pictures as you are living in Hong Kong and not let's say in a very small village somewhere else on the countryside where you can find only storks and geese. Wink
However, I have been quite often in your famous city during my past business life and was always very entertained to watch the life in the streets and especially the famous shops for used camera equipment and old watches. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! Lot of interesting stuff going on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, nice, lens, format, contrast, everything choosed fits like a glove on the subject. Brilliant, Calvin,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. It is a joy to shoot in the street and sharing the photos to peoples over the world.

@tb_a
Yes. Hong Kong is considered one of the top city in the world for street photography. It is much more easy to find people than storks and geese here. However, many old areas and communities are disappearing due to urban renovation. I have to catch the chance to take more photo before they are gone.

I don't visit shops on used camera equipment and old watches often but I can confirm they get have many rare stuffs.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Calvin! I enjoyed them all, but my favorite by far is the first one. The guy's clutching a tall-boy of beer and a box of Marlboros in one hand, gripping his backpack -- maybe a camera bag? -- in the other, wearing those worn-in cargo pants and scruffy boots -- you know he's been places and has stories to tell!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Michael. I think the first photo is a lucky shot. He may be a worker in a construction site and he is gripping his backpack. As you mentioned, there are stories behind which makes it a meaningful photo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All great work Calvin, but #1 indeed is very special, a really great shot!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus.

I will post new ones after two months. Hope I can take better photos as when I have more experience. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results indeed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at your photos again, I really think that shooting in B&W made most of the photos. But there was one that to me was just screaming to be shot in color: your photo #5 with all those hats and scarves and what have you -- I just know there must have been a wild profusion of color at that location.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take that photo in the night. It is pretty dark outside and the sodium street light is not good at color reproduction. They put the best selling hats in the store front and these hats are not the most colorful one. So, it is better to present it in B&W.