Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bee Hives - CZJ Sonnar 180mm f2.8 and Canon 5D MkII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Bee Hives - CZJ Sonnar 180mm f2.8 and Canon 5D MkII Reply with quote

Welcoming hives for bees.

This is an interesting operation made with countryside schools, local companies, disabled people center and a beekeeper.
The hives are made by disabled people, payed by local companies, painted by children at school, then given to the beekeeper.
Everybody understand the interest to preserve bees.

Some shots of the hives with the Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8 mounted on the 5D Mark II.
Wonderful lens.

Wide open

Stopped down few stops

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sweet!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sweet indeed!! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Honeys. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Funny post,the boxes are lovely (the color stands out) and what a great idea for the community.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moïra.
I hope you're fine down Under.

I shot more photos with AF Tamron SP 28/75mm f2.8 : each hive with the same point of view to print cards for children, close-ups of détails, more artistic photos usable for some advertisement.
My wife is working for the company (a large limestone quarry) and is in charge of the coordination and animation of the project.
So, this last week-end I helped her taking photos.

Next, children will come to visit the hives in situation before bees will be placed in them to avoid accidents.
Politics, mayors and the local medias will be there.

I believe this operation can easily be duplicated everywhere in the world.
Have a good day.
Very Happy

Oh, I forgot to tell you that the painting is made with co-products of the quarry. This painting is environmentally friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the paints natural based like traditional paint made from ochre? It does sound like a very worthwhile project,well done to your wife for doing this valuable work....and you for helping her with the photos Cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF topic :
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1440606.html#1440606

@Moïra
The painting technical data sheet says about composition :
Recycled limestone loads, marble powder, acrylic resin, mineral pigments, dispersion additives, thickeners, conservative.
So, you seem to be right. Smile