Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony a7ii thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Sony a7ii thread Reply with quote

I just dove into sony's mirrorless pond. Hoping to learn tricks from forum members, perhaps share some as well. So far so good. I was unimpressed with the standard 24-70 oss kit lens. Images seemed to lack contrast keepers were few. I sold it on. Still waiting on the vario-sonnar standard 24-70. I have picked up the 70-400G plus adapter. It is very good. Remarkably the minolta "beercan" 70-210 zoom I had from a lot of junker cameras is reasonably good, I was going to sell it on but saw ebay buy it now for 20 usd. For that price I will keep it. Any tips, caveats tricks using this camera would be welcomed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying you sold the 28-70 kit lens and bought a Vario-Tessar 24-70mm? Wink

You can sell the beercan for more but it is better keep it for spare.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually sold the kit lens and got the vario-sonnar 24-70 which is 2.8. Came in today. Snapped a few shots but have yet to look at them. Yeah I will keep the beercan. Any other af minolta that are underrated?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Vario Sonnar 2.8/24-70 (A-Mount) is a great lens.. the 2.8/16-35 even better.

jamaeolus wrote:
Any other af minolta that are underrated?

take a look here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-af-lenses-recommendation-needed-t69115.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which adapters should I buy for M42 to Sony A7ii?
Can you please direct me to a product?