Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

walk with PORST COLOR REFLEX 1:1.2/50mm UMC X-M G
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: walk with PORST COLOR REFLEX 1:1.2/50mm UMC X-M G Reply with quote

Apart the long name- quite nice surprise, no sharpening, just some levels in PP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's presently one of the cheapest F1.2 lenses around. So if F1.2 is really needed still a good option and obviously not bad either.
Though, it is said that the not so fast Fuji's like the F1.6 versions are the better ones. I don't know anyway.
I have also some F1.2 lenses but actually I don't ever need that. The shallow DOF is rather a pain for me, especially on EVF cameras. Wink
BTW, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, it show some potential points, maybe for portrait shot, it will suit well.

tb_a wrote:
Well, it's presently one of the cheapest F1.2 lenses around. So if F1.2 is really needed still a good option and obviously not bad either.
Though, it is said that the not so fast Fuji's like the F1.6 versions are the better ones. I don't know anyway.
I have also some F1.2 lenses but actually I don't ever need that. The shallow DOF is rather a pain for me, especially on EVF cameras. Wink
BTW, thanks for sharing.

cheapest? where?
I think it's not common show up for sale. In my place Canon FD 1,2 50ish is more common, and cheaper.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid samples, very inspiring.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples but we can't talk about sharpness when you have A7 with 24MPix and you resized images to 1/5 of their original size. In these conditions everything looks sharp. Anyway I know this lens is good performer. Can you post some 100% crops of those shots?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

cheapest? where?
I think it's not common show up for sale. In my place Canon FD 1,2 50ish is more common, and cheaper.

In Europe. Wink

Those lenses go on average for 150 Euro which is rather cheap for a F1.2 lens here. I've seen one for under 100 Euro recently. Others are more expensive. The rather uncommon Fuji AX mount in addition with the "Porst" branding are most probably the reasons for that. The identical lens original Fuji is more expensive.
Porst was a distributor of photographic equipment in Germany and Austria and the whole Fujica AX series was also available under the Porst brand here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you see at that price? On ebay is around 300 euros.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
Where did you see at that price? On ebay is around 300 euros.

There is quite a difference between the wish of the seller and the actual prices paid. I was referring to the paid prices of sold items. If you wish you can pay even 500 Euros for it. I wouldn't do that. I would rather give the money to some poor and hungry refugees.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sample pics do not reflect the quality of this Fujinon lens. I have tested several copies of the Fujinon 1.2 lens on the Sony A7, and all were superior in sharpness, bokeh and color contrast (shading) to other 1.2 lenses I have tested. The colors in your samples look bleached, there is a noisy background bokeh instead of the smooth and creamy blending customary for Fujinon lenses and sharpness is lacking even in the center of your samples. I wonder if samples such as these are meant to devalue the quality and price of Fujinon lenses. That's an idiotic idea, because it would terminate honest discussion in this Forum.

Last edited by Fujinonuser on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think those photos devalue this lens? Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides being an old thread....
someone's anal spring is wound up a bit too tight.