Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon 50mm f1.4 MC - few samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Auto Chinon 50mm f1.4 MC - few samples Reply with quote

i wanted to test this lens in a few conditions, and found it be a top notch performer.

#1 you wont believe what i did to the RAW file to make it look like this Wink a guess would be fun.

ofc these are PP'ed. but just shows what a small little lens can handle with.

i suspect its a Takumar clone optically with different coatings. couldnt find anything on google about origin and optics. can anyone help with this issue please, im really curios.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a chance it could be a Tomoika? Perhaps a picture or three will help.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! I like how it works against the light! Waiting for my Chinon MC 55mm 1.4.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Isn't there a chance it could be a Tomoika? Perhaps a picture or three will help.

Sorry, it took me some time to come around to this.
this lens has 6 blades, purple and yellow coatings on the front, and a green coating on the rear most element. Razz i just like the way coatings look on the glass Very Happy so its the only reason why i mention it
Laughing

i just now cleaned the lens as soon i will give it to a friend of mine and what seems to be like radioactive elements inside.
its the glued group in the rear. it looks more yellow in real life. Arkku do you know something about this one?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you write down here how you cleaned it? I have one too (with PK mount) and it also needs cleaning. I will appreciate some instrunctions and informations for example about front element and how to detach it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics and model!

I like the OOF areas , really pleasant (subjective)

I like how small the lens is, -same optics and body to revuenon MC (which has 8 blades), smooth focusing and good coating.

It beat my Rikenon XR 50/1.4 easily.

Cheers,
Rado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon always made or marketed pretty good lenses, great results!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, branded as Revuenon. Somewhere in this forum are some samples as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results.