Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon-DX 4/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Yashinon-DX 4/200 Reply with quote

As I have said previously, I have too many 200mm lenses and have been going through them to decide what to keep and what to pass on to a good home.
This morning I looked at my Yashinon-DX 4/200.
Here are some samples.
OH

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent lens.
Also stylish and compact.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luis.
Yes - one reason that I like this lens, apart from its results, is its elegant design.
I think that someone once called it "black beauty".
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite respectable. I have a DX 50/1.7 (M42) that I'm actually quite fond of. It sets the bar pretty high with respect to sharpness and contrast, but it seems that your 200/4 measures up.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family of these lenses is quite beautifully designed, like something from a Porche studio.
Here is the 4/200.
Note the double window design feature - also found on other marques, but a nice touch I think
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family resemblance ? Same semi gloss finish, two window design.

The serial number is 174***** which is Tokina, we think. A very similar design though.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, nice lens, but might be a bit of a stretch to say that they are related - in spite of the similarities.
I have a small family of Yashinon DX lenses but gave up on acquiring a 28 or a 35mm quite some time ago as I thought them overpriced. Now, of course , they are even more expensive.
Interestingly, I have a Vivitar 2.8/35 which - in spite of no double windows - bears some resemblance to the Yashinons.
I'll include some piccies below.
Mine include 2/50, 1.7/50, 1.4/50, 2.8/135 and 4/200.
There are more in the series but I doubt that I will see them.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "chrome nose" Vivitars.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is mine.. if you like to compare with the Vivitar:

I have two of them and would part with one, I just fear it will be too expensive since the shipping cost from germany to australia alone are about 18 Euro.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jan,
I have sent you a PM
OH