Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Trioplan 100/2.8 but look at the price....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: New Trioplan 100/2.8 but look at the price.... Reply with quote

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/meyer-optik-gorlitz-launches-a-new-trioplan-f2-8-100mm-for-mirrorless-system-cameras

RemcoR

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're just trying to milk the hipsterdom that seems to be spreading in the last years. Good for them if they succeed. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have been paying stupidly inflated prices for the vastly overrated old one so why any surprise the new one is being sold at a similarly inflated price?

As long as there are people with cash to be parted from then unscrupulous capitalists will strive to part them from it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its silly price makes the Nikon 105mm f/2 DC becomes a great bargain. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expected considering the prices at which they sell Helios and Mitakon lenses ?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many stupid threads on the theme our forums needs. Been there like ten times, both Trioplan revival "news" and critique of the old one from those who can't handle Trioplan well or can't afford it. I expect another 4-pages-thread of absolute and utter nothing Cool

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
I wonder how many stupid threads on the theme our forums needs. Been there like ten times, both Trioplan revival "news" and critique of the old one from those who can't handle Trioplan well or can't afford it. I expect another 4-pages-thread of absolute and utter nothing 8)

This comment, on the other hand, adds a lot of useful info.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... from those who can't handle Trioplan well or can't afford it.

Great to learn something new about myself and/or my wallet.
RemcoR

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RemcoR wrote:
.... from those who can't handle Trioplan well or can't afford it.

Great to learn something new about myself and/or my wallet.
RemcoR

No need to be touched as I didn't mention you. You might have browsed forums first, though. If you browsed the forums first, you would have to notice X similar threads (for both Trioplan and Helios) Wink

And basically all those threads turned into lamenting about performance/value ratio of Trioplan 100 or how to world/photographers went nuts buying the lens for astronomical prices.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, as most mirrorless cameras are a 'crop' sensor, wouldn't it have been more useful to make a 70mm lens. That would make 105mm equivalent.
Pete

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my price for this lens max 200 EUR , really out of my interest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old news: it is on kickstarter but the $599 to $849 opinions were gone. Wink
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061029467/bring-back-the-legendary-trioplan-soap-bubble-boke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and an indicated list price of $1.599 Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061029467/bring-back-the-legendary-trioplan-soap-bubble-boke/description

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it sells at 1,599 then there really must be people out there with more money than sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the results with the prototype lens are, IMO, not conclusive. While the portraits are looking quite "Trioplanish" the bubbles effect in the close-up samples is poor compared with the old Trioplan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
And the results with the prototype lens are, IMO, not conclusive. While the portraits are looking quite "Trioplanish" the bubbles effect in the close-up samples is poor compared with the old Trioplan.

Yep, I noticed that too. The correction is different, it does not have the very fine pronounced bubbles like the old one.