Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is Exakta VX mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: What is Exakta VX mount? Reply with quote

What mount does a Exakta VX uses? Is it M42 or the Exakta Bayonet type? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exakta bajonet

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo!

I read - Varex VX has an Bajonett outside, must be the small one.

Can your system translate this german side with the browser? -

http://www.exaktapages.com/html/EX_Varex.html

regards Peter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be this kind of mouth (from wikipedia).

regards Peter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Are there any Exakta models that come with M42 mount? I read online somewhere that there are some models with screw mount, but the website does not mentions which one.

Peace.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Exa 1b and Exa 1c were the only Exakta cameras to have an M42 mount - all the various Varex and VX models all had the bayonet fitting which had an extra set of outer lugs added around the time of the Varex VX model for larger lenses.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did only Meyer lenses use the outer lugs on the Exakta mount ?

I have seen Meyer Primotar 180/3.5 and larger Meyers with this.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - the P6-Exakta adapter for one used the outer lugs and I would expect that the dedicated CZJ Exakta mount Sonnars 180 and 300 would be the same although I can't verify the latter.

As far as the cameras go, basically everything from the later Varex VX to the VX 1000 had the outer lug bayonet mount.

The original Exa was the exception as the type of shutter precluded the use of lenses longer than 100mm although this changed when Ihagee fitted the later ones with a more conventional FP shutter.