Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Westanar 150mm f/4.5 EXA Silver
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Westanar 150mm f/4.5 EXA Silver Reply with quote

Quite surprisingly, I won this item being apparently rare in silver. Had a very nice talk with the seller, so I strongly believe the item will reach CZ borders all right Smile

Although it probably performs average, still a nice cool overlooked item made by an overlooked manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking lens and quite rare too. The 180/4 you see more often.
ISCO lenses aren't bad at all. Generally a bit underrated. It was more or less a division of Schneider/Kreuznach and the technical specification of their lenses was based on Schneider's lenses. Standard western Germany quality.
I have only a 35mm/F3.5 "Westron" in M39 (in M42 FFD) from them. Didn't check how it compares to others so far.
Could you make/post eventually some sample pictures when received?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I have a later version. I like ISCO - the few that I have. Here's what you can expect:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Woodrim, there is also a similar 180mm:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a, of course I will, and there will be probably lots of butterflies on it. And thanks for insight.

woodrim, I surely checked your old(er) thread. Very solid thread showing promising bokeh and drawing, sharpness probably OK, no need to have more.

Had the very same but black lens in my hands once, borrowed from a certain protographer, but with weather conditions already too gloomy.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Smile