Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss jena 25mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Zeiss jena 25mm Reply with quote

Hi there,

has any of you made experience with th 25mm from Zeiss Jena? Seems to be quite rare..

How is it?

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least two 25mm lenses from CZJ: Flektogon 25mm F4 and Tevidon 25mm F1.4. Which one are you referring to?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss jena 25mm Reply with quote

Nightjar wrote:
Hi there,

has any of you made experience with th 25mm from Zeiss Jena? Seems to be quite rare..

How is it?

Cheers

I've got the Flek 25/4.

pros - very little distortion, focuses very close

cons - susceptible to flare

I got a bargain on mine, don't recommend you pay big dollars for one.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the flektogon very much despite its flaws (big, clunky, quite prone to flare): lack of distortion and evenness of sharpness across the frame are desirable features, for me at least.
On the other hand, being quite uncommon, it tends to fetch high prices, and more modern lenses that can be had for similar (or even lower) prices can be better (sharper, more contrasty, with better flare resistance, more compact, better built).

So, as fuzzywuzzy says, don't pay too much for it: for example, sold auctions for a nikkor 2.8/24 are between €120 and €160, and that is (imho) a better lens overall (especially if you are wanting to correct distortion in PP).

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm referring to the flektogon f4.

I have the chance to buy a Flektogon 20 & 25 both for 400€...not a bargain,
but compared to the prices in the internet not to bad either.

I think the singel coated is very interesting for B&W Photography, Filming.
Low distortion is important to me, cause as I'm using it for filming, it can't
be fixed as easily in post!

I got my Jena 300 today...has cleaning marks afraidly, hope doesn't affect IQ
too much.

Cheers