Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 (Oreston) aperture re-assemble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 (Oreston) aperture re-assemble Reply with quote

Hi,

btw, my first post here ever! Very Happy

I had problem with my Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 Auto (first version) recently. Typical sticky-oily aperture blades.
I took it apart, but now I have problem to re-assemble the blades into correct position. It's kinda tricky, the blades are over each other and I don't know, in which order I should put them back into the ring that holds aperture blades.

So. I need this
[img][/img]

to turn into this
[img][/img]

the process is shown here ( https://youtu.be/I-06BGrA6Bo?t=5m50s) , but it's really fast and I can't see it properly

Can somebody point me the right direction? Like for example: Start anti clockwise, 1st blade under 2nd and 3rd between them... Or whatever?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks guys! Smile Smile[img][/img]

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 (Oreston) aperture re-assemble Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Images won't show up with first post. I can not help you beyond that, but someone here
will surely be able to help.
Zabi wrote:
Hi, btw, my first post here ever! Very Happy

I had problem with my Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 Auto (first version) recently. Typical sticky-oily aperture blades.
I took it apart, but now I have problem to re-assemble the blades into correct position. It's kinda tricky, the blades are over each other and I don't know, in which order I should put them back into the ring that holds aperture blades.

So. I need this
[img][/img]

to turn into this
[img][/img]

the process is shown here ( https://youtu.be/I-06BGrA6Bo?t=5m50s) , but it's really fast and I can't see it properly

Can somebody point me the right direction? Like for example: Start anti clockwise, 1st blade under 2nd and 3rd between them... Or whatever?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks guys! Smile Smile[img][/img]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've re-installed blades in the past, it is quite tedious! But from what I can tell in the video, this lens look like it shouldn't be to bad.

You can try watching the Youtube video at 0.25 speed (gear menu on the player).
You can see he hold the first blade and make sure it overlap the last 2. It's a shame he didnt film at normal speed, but I was able to see "most" of the tricky bits at 0.25 speed.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

But I can't put it together even with the vid. I don't see the positions and which blades are on top of the others.. Sad

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to slide a thin screw driver under the first blade before installing the last blade.

Here you can see he lift the first blade while holding the first blade hole. The hole is probably hidden under the 2nd blade.

Here we see the first blade getting over the one before last blade.

He then install the last blade by sliding it under the first blade. Finding the mounting hole might be a bit tricky since it's hidden under the first blade. All this is done while holding the first blade hole, otherwise it will slide out.

It is quite anoying, but you'll probably try it 5-10 times. I had this aperture I gave up once and came back couple of month later and finaly did it. It was some kind of 12 bladed telephoto.

Keep trying and you'll get it Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I wanna marry You now, Andreq! Laughing Thanks for Your tremendous effort, I REALLY appreciate it! Smile
I finally managed to put it back together, all cleaned up. All I needed was right direction from where to start, then I had kept trying and switching blades above and below each other, until it moved properly.

[img][/img]

Unfortunately, the lens fell down from my clumsy hands and it crashed filter mount.. (I wanted to sell the repaired lens in top condition.. Crying or Very sad )

Well.. Thanks anyway! Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to know that I was of any help.

Kinda sad about the lens, but you learned something in the process.

Hopefully you got the "bug" and this will be one of many lens repair Razz