Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-7 Swirl Swirl and more Swirl
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-7 Swirl Swirl and more Swirl Reply with quote

Went with the little girl to a teddybears picnic in the park and chucked my helios 44-7 that i fixed the focus issue on, but did not get around to fixing aperture pin so i can step downs all these are at F2
I caught this one of my little girl picking flowers, and one against the trees to test swirlyness these had my Roxseen Speedbooster for Minolta MD with an m42 to MD adaptor
Helios 44-7 Picking flowers by Eduardo Echarri, on Flickr
Helios 44-7 swirly bokeh by Eduardo Echarri, on Flickr

Who says the later 44-7s don't swirl much

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite strange to me since I have most of the Helios 44 and never seen the 44M-7 produces that much swirly bokeh. Is it 44M-7 or 44-7 and what is its serial number? As far as I know, they're quite different and the 44-7 is very rare. Where did you buy your lens? I read that some sellers switched the name plate of some previous versions with 44M-7's name plate to sell for higher price and I suspected that happened with one of my lenses.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a 44m-7 the construction internally is different to the 44-4 and 44m-4 that i also have, doubt the nameplate was switched on this one purchased as faulty for £7, took me 2mins to fix it.
Also came from the UK

serial 9323842

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like this?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261883244730

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the one

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any optical difference between the 44M and the 44M-7 (or whatever M-X) regarding to lens diagram. The different is only in coating (or maybe glass quality). All the 44 (from first M39 44 to last 44M-7) have the same design.