Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B & H projector lens maker?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: B & H projector lens maker? Reply with quote

I tried to find information the maker of Bell & Howell projection lenses.
They're made in USA, Japan, UK, German, Switzerland and maybe any other maker?
My friend said that UK maker was Taylor Hobson, is it true for all lenses?
Anybody have such information?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&H made lenses. I don't know whether they made their own lenses for 35 mm slide projectors.

Which projector/projection lens are you asking about?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
B&H made lenses. I don't know whether they made their own lenses for 35 mm slide projectors.

Which projector/projection lens are you asking about?

Actually I'm not asking just one lens. But if I may guess, if it says made in Japan it is not made by one maker in Japan, right?
for example this
japan
Click here to see on Ebay
England
Click here to see on Ebay

I was thinking made in USA lenses were made by BH themself

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a B&H cine projector lens is engraved "Made in Japan" it was made in Japan. Who made it is an open question.

If a B&H cine lens -- taking or projection -- is engraved "Made in England" it was made in England, most probably by TTH. At one time B&H owned TTH.

B&H made cine cameras in the US, also cine and slide projectors. They also made lenses for aerial cameras. When you ask questions about B&H products, please be as specific as possible.