Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

edmika plastic FDn-EOS mounts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: edmika plastic FDn-EOS mounts? Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased one of the new edmika plastic mounts that converts an FDn lens to EOS mount? I'm concerned about the durability of the plastic.

I did send a question to him from the ebay system about the specific mount I want to get, but no response after a few days so thought I would ask here. Thinking about getting a Canon 35-105 for video use and I want to get it to be EOS so I can buy a speedbooster to adapt to my mirrorless camera (sometimes boosted, sometimes regular adapter depending on need). This lens may be on and off the camera the lot, and with the weight of the zoom and length of the lens I'm a bit concerned about durability.

I should also mention that I do a fair amount of building/machining different things I need and am familiar with some of the engineering plastics out there... I don't think I'd use Delrin for a lens mount because the mounting "lips" are too small, even an FRP might not be a good choice. He states on his website (or somewhere I found online) that the plastic allows for getting better precision than the brass. I've machined brass and on my little mill it tends to pull the cutters in very hard which leads to inaccuracies, so I believe him when he says he gets better products with the plastic. But I would think aluminum for these mounts would give him the accuracy and us the durability we may need. And no, I don't really have the capability to machine these adapters myself or this question would not be posted.

Anyway, I noticed he is a member here and thought maybe people here have better ways to contact him.