Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic SP - SORTED
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Spotmatic SP - SORTED Reply with quote

Hello!

I am looking to buy a fully functional Spotmatic SP (Bonus if black) with correct metering.
I am moving to shoot on film more and more, and I have a gazillion M42 lenses I want to use. This camera seems a very good option to do so.

Looking for something affordable here. Doesn't have to look pristine, as long as it is functional and reliable Smile

R

Last edited by rudolfkremers on Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me check & get back to you. I think I have black SP or SPII that works, with etched id# iirc. I do have two nice working Spotmatic F and a Spotmatic ESII -- interested in those?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Let me check & get back to you. I think I have black SP or SPII that works, with etched id# iirc. I do have two nice working Spotmatic F and a Spotmatic ESII -- interested in those?

Not sure, I ned to do more research into the differences between the models.
The original SP seemed to take most m42 lenses without hassle, yet provide excellent features. The SPII is a good candidate as well if it has similar compatibility Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SP500. Does it qualify?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage to going with visualopsin's Spotmatic F and ESII is that they meter at full aperture with the SMC Tak lenses. No need to stop the lenses down to meter. I bought an F specifically so I could use this feature on the few SMC Taks that I own.