Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Serenar 85mm F2 Mount identification help for adapter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Canon Serenar 85mm F2 Mount identification help for adapter. Reply with quote

I couldn't pass up on a deal on this lens.

It's a Canon Serenar 85mm F2. Can someone help with identification on this mount and thus help me look for a Fuji x (preferred) or eso-m adapter.

http://photography.rogerlund.net/Gallery/Lenses/MF/Canon-Serenar-85mm-F2-bayonet-/UnprocessedCanonSerenar85m/

link for a the video shows the mount the best.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTM/M39 with an LTM to M mount adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
LTM/M39 with an LTM to M mount adapter.

Or something like this?

https://www.fotodioxpro.com/fotodiox-lens-mount-adapter-leica-m-lens-to-fujifilm-x-mount-camera-adapter-fits-fuji-x-pro1-mirrorless-cameras-fits-leica-m-lens-cl-lens-ernst-leitz-canada-s-elcan-lens-konica-hexar-rf-lens-and-minolta-cl-cle-rokkor-lens-voigtl-nder-lenses.html

Otherwise all the adapters I see are SM to M, not M to SM..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a M39/LTM lens with a Leica-M adapter on it. Simply unscrew the adapter and use any M39/LTM adapter you most probably already have.
Why do you want to buy another adapter for an adapted lens indstead?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
That's a M39/LTM lens with a Leica-M adapter on it. Simply unscrew the adapter and use any M39/LTM adapter you most probably already have.
Why do you want to buy another adapter for an adapted lens indstead?

Then I'm to stupid to remove it.... oh.. got it..

Well.. I'll be donating to the site just for this.. Thanks!!

EDIT: $25 donated. been putting it off and this pushed me over the edge. :0) thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Thank you!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear in my post, that the lens is LTM, and has a LTM to M mount adapter attached, and that you'd need a LTM or M mount to X mount or EOS M adapter....
Glad you have it sorted out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear in my post, that the lens is LTM, and has a LTM to M mount adapter attached, and that you'd need a LTM or M mount to X mount or EOS M adapter....
Glad you have it sorted out.

It didn't even click that it could have been a adapter... Duh.. Heh