Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help Please: Differentiating Olympus OM-System/g.Zuiko
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Help Please: Differentiating Olympus OM-System/g.Zuiko Reply with quote

So I have been trying to get an Olympus 50mm 1.4. I have found a good deal, but I'm having a hard time discerning which lens it is relatively speaking to 50mm 1.4 Zuikos. - basically, can anyone tell me what makes them different, how many version there are, and what sets them apart? the one I have lined up looks like this...

I could get that with a serviced OM-1 and a 28mm 2.8 for rather cheap, but I'd feel more comfortable knowing this is the "version I want". Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00WD6T

Basically,

1) G.Zuiko, Silver Nose => Single Coated;
2) G.Zuiko => Single Coated;
3) Zuiko, Marked as MC => Multi-Coated;
4) Zuiko, not marked MC => Multi-Coated.

It is said version 4 with serial number > 1.1 million is the best in terms of sharpness. I got one recently. But I have not used it that much yet, also don't have other version to compare it to. Even older versions have their fans.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00WD6T

Basically,

1) G.Zuiko, Silver Nose => Single Coated;
2) G.Zuiko => Single Coated;
3) Zuiko, Marked as MC => Multi-Coated;
4) Zuiko, not marked MC => Multi-Coated.

It is said version 4 with serial number > 1.1 million is the best in terms of sharpness. I got one recently. But I have not used it that much yet, also don't have other version to compare it to. Even older versions have their fans.

So is this the silver nose version? and is there a big difference in the price they go for? I might still pick it up for resale because I wouldn't mind the OM-1 and 28mm 2.8 for that price. I appreciate your help : )

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a silver nose.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
This looks like a silver nose.

So therefore it's a lesser version? hmm. Ill try to get him to lower price then otherwise I'm iffy.