Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR 24mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - substantial - information which is basically identical with my own findings (Hexanon 2.8/24mm, Var I).
When shooting landscape or architecure af f5.6- f11, the Canon nFD 2.8/24mm (as well as the Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm) perform flawlessly. My (and your) Hexanon 2.8/24mm does not.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my hexanon. It's the 24mm I use the most. Impressive lens IMO.
And I too own the canon FD (both the Chrome nose and the later nFD).
Never had a Minolta in that FL though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what is the origin of the idea that performance in the corners is not important. What happens is that it is much more difficult to correct the off-axis aberrations, what makes the design of a wide angle lens especially difficult. The lens designers make enormous efforts to achieve a uniform performance over the entire image field. There are many applications where performance at the corners is very important, for example, landscape, astrophotography, aerial reconnaissance, document reproduction, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:

Is it the first or second computation that you own?
I only know the first, large one, and i can't say anything about the second (much smaller) Hexanon AR 2.8/24mm.
http://buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e24_28.html

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned , I just tested this tiny second version. It might be very good but the sample I had was decentered , the rigt upper corner being terrible.
the rest of the field is excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
It might be very good but the sample I had was decentered , the rigt upper corner being terrible.
the rest of the field is excellent.

Interesting. Many (too many, in fact) of my 30 Hexanons are visibly de-centered, even though all of them are in a very good or even like-new shape. Exceptions are the 50 / 57 / 135 / 200mm primes, but most of my Hexanons zooms obviously are not properly adjusted. Because of this i often bought a second or even third copy of the same lens, and usually they behave quite different. That's something i never saw using Minolta or Canon FD gear. It suggests either a less-than-optimal quality control or construction faults which lead to problems after (successful) quality control.

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
!Karen wrote:

I only know the first, large one, and i can't say anything about the second (much smaller) Hexanon AR 2.8/24mm.

Stephan
i have the f16 ae version (middle one on that page)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
stevemark wrote:
!Karen wrote:

Stephan
i have the f16 ae version (middle one on that page)

So its the same as i have! Compared to a nFD 2.8/24mm or a MD-III 2.8/24mm, my Hexanon 2.8/24mm is clearly inferior. Compared to older 2.8/24mm lenses such as the Chrome Nose Canon FD 2.8/24mm or the Minolta MC/MD 2.8/24mm (first computation) the difference is not that visible.

Stephan