Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Dad's old camera, Argus C3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: My Dad's old camera, Argus C3 Reply with quote

My Dad took many photos with this camera when I was young.

I am thinking about taking some photos with this camera while I am visiting my mom here in California.
It seems to be working, but without film in it the wind on lever does not stop winding.
Is that because there is no film in it or is something wrong? Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how the Argus works, but it's a camera I really like. I nearly bought one last week but the seller was a rip off merchant and stuck to his outrageous price. I love the case on your camera, the way it is curved around the 'brick' design is wonderful.

It's nice to use something that people you loved once used, I don't have a camera but I have a lot of my old man's engineering tools, which I love to use. It keeps us together. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's normal for the C3 Smile The wind lever turns continuously until you put a roll in. Here's a full manual if you fancy a read.

I really like the C3, it's a lovely brick of a camera. Takes pretty decent photos too! Here's one from mine:

I say get a couple of rolls of film and have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Nice photo of Blackpool prom!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magpi wrote:
That's normal for the C3 Smile The wind lever turns continuously until you put a roll in. Here's a full manual if you fancy a read.

I really like the C3, it's a lovely brick of a camera. Takes pretty decent photos too! Here's one from mine:
I say get a couple of rolls of film and have fun!

Thanks for that information. Nice photo. I will give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to get the PDF manual. I love the looks of the C3.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/argus/argus_c-3/argus_c-3.htm

Phil

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few photos my Dad took with it using slide film. Sorry for the quality of the old slides and
scans.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love old photos. I hope you get yours working. I took my case to a shoe repairers to put on a new strap, a bunch of customers all wanted to see the camera and were amazed I was using it. One old codger smugly announced he'd gone digital. I pulled out my Nikon DSLR. That took the smile off his face.

Its a clunky camera to use, hardly ergonomic but it was made for about 30 years so Argus did something right.