Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

YASHICA's T4 lens has found a new home!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: YASHICA's T4 lens has found a new home! Reply with quote

Approx. 40 years ago, I had a YASHICA T4 camera! An excellent compact 35mm AF camera! Now, this little excellent Carl Zeiss 3,5/35mm lens, has found a new home! The f/stop are not available, but the DOF with this 35mm WW angle lens, works pretty good! But the distance can be adjusted incl. with focus peaking! No sweat!
Wink

Last edited by OPAL on Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you took apart a 400 euro camera just for the lens? :-0

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once adapted a Yashica 38mm/2.8 Probably a Tessar as well to K-mount using a reverse adapter. It doesn't look as neat and only works in close up, but it can focus with the helicoid it was in.

Yashica 38mm 2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Came out of this broken piece of crap that someone put in as a freeby with a lens.

unexpected by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Yeah, the prices of these camera's went berserk. Regret that I got rid of my T3, T4, T5, Mju-2 and GR-1 too soon Mad

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Not at all, approx 40 years ago, some friend has presented the little lens to me, and I was using it in an plastic CONTAX camera cap for a long period of time, and later up to now, with an E-mount adaptor on my SONY cameras!

Today, I've compared this lens, with my C/Y Zeiss TESSAR T* 2,8/45mm on my SONY A6500! Both are equally sharp, but the little Tessar 3,5/35mm has a little more contrast!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a T4 and my wife used it as a point & shoot when we were touring the SW USA many years ago. I was using my EOS 600 with my superb Tamron Aspherical 24-70 / 3.4 5.6 ( I still have both of them ) with Fujichrome, and the T4 was rolling Kodak Gold. At the Grand Canyon we ran out of Kodak and put three or four rolls of Fujichhrome through the T4 as we went on a fabulous helicopter flight over, and into, the Grand Canyon. I have to admit, my wife got the better pictures. The T4 was fabulous, and I did appreciate it back then. But the film door latch broke, I used it a bit with tape holding the door shut, but eventually I threw it in a big box of junk and crappy cameras that I sold at a Camera Fair for next to nothing. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a good lens. Very contrasty. Better than the Mju-2 IMO.
The prices of these things went through the roof though, it's almost rediculous.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I used it a bit with tape holding the door shut, but eventually I threw it in a big box of junk and crappy cameras that I sold at a Camera Fair for next to nothing. Rolling Eyes

I actually got 50 euros for my T3 I bought at a flea market for 2 euros. So it was a 48% profit, right? Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Lloydy wrote:
I used it a bit with tape holding the door shut, but eventually I threw it in a big box of junk and crappy cameras that I sold at a Camera Fair for next to nothing. Rolling Eyes

I actually got 50 euros for my T3 I bought at a flea market for 2 euros. So it was a 48% profit, right? Wink

1200% I think

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

1200% I think

2400% I think

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shand wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

1200% I think

2400% I think

I guess he also must have been smart enough to know what percentage it was ..... Nevertheless with today's Ebay prices a profit of 10.000% would have been possible.

There was a favorite Tessar clone thread on Photo.net https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/favorite-tessar-clone.355901/ Interesting subject to explore again.