Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for 200mm in OM mount - waiting for advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Looking for 200mm in OM mount - waiting for advice Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to ask you for an advice. I'm looking for the 200mm prime and I wonder if you could recommend something nice.

However, I have a few requirements:
- must be in OM mount
- smaller and lighter = better
- reasonably cheap (I mean the lens that could (really Wink ) be found under £30)
- max aperture of f/3.5 would be nice addon, but not essential, could be darker
- the lens should be sharp across the whole 35mm image, not only in center
- main use of this lens are going to be landscapes in mountains so it should be good near infinity rather than close focus.

The main idea is to take it instead Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 zoom when I need to travel light.
Actually I usually take my Kiron 70-150/4 (PK) for such situations, but I need OM mount and I can't find this lens in it.
I've tried Zuiko 75-150/4 which was brilliant within 75-120mm, but at 150mm it was lacking resolution and it was far behind Kiron or Vivitar zoom. Also Vivitar 70-150/3.8 which suppose to be the same as Kiron wasn't good for the job and was a lot worse than Kiron and Olympus (and I've tried 2 copies of this Vivitar).
That's why I thought that maybe 200mm prime, which is easier to be light and sharp than zoom could be a solution.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM Zuiko 200mm/4 or it's smaller brother 200mm/5

my test of 200mm/5
http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-my-lenses-part-37-olympus-200mm-5-t38525,highlight,%2Btesting+%2Blenses.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Olympus OM Zuiko 200mm/4 or it's smaller brother 200mm/5

my test of 200mm/5
http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-my-lenses-part-37-olympus-200mm-5-t38525,highlight,%2Btesting+%2Blenses.html

+1