Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh GR1s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Ricoh GR1s Reply with quote

One of my favorite film compacts of all times.

Here few lab scans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice,this camera seems to hold its value now I know why!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very nice. Lovely series, congrats!

Mo, keep your eye out for a Konica A4, not as wide as this Ricoh but the lens is as good as any SLR 35mm lens I've tried and the camera is common and cheap. I have two or three and they cost me 99p plus postage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !

Why Ricoh GR1 appeals to me, is for its truly compact design and sharp GR 28mm 2.8 lens all in a metal shell, plus its also packed with the features like snap focus , apertures priority, manual flash switch etc. I have just found decent lab locally , so will try to scan more negs.

Forgot to add, all pictures above and this one were shot on Agfa Vista plus 200. It looks much better on printed paper though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Ian

Another nice image,looks like very strong light.I have a soft spot for Ricoh....I think they sneak under the radar with some of their older cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , there is plenty of cameras that are often overlooked , but I think it plays in favor to "those who know" Very Happy
By the way, I also own a digital Ricoh GXR with Leica M mount module. Perfect camera for RF glass!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pays to research your gear in this game and find those gems. Another member (possibly a few others as well) has the Ricoh GXR and I have seen some lovely images taken with it. A little out of my price range but I can appreciate what it can do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitalriver wrote:
Yes , there is plenty of cameras that are often overlooked , but I think it plays in favor to "those who know" Very Happy
By the way, I also own a digital Ricoh GXR with Leica M mount module. Perfect camera for RF glass!

Yes the GXR M is perfect for RF glass, I still love shooting it and almost exclusively with RF lenses.
If I was shooting more film the Ricoh GR1 would be my first choice. Your samples show that it's lens is famous for a reason, that and your list of it's features explains the prices these little gems are trading for.
lovely, very impressive samples, let us see more please!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you friends! I would love to show more GR stuff , but it would probably be wiser to buy a decent scanner and start scanning at home , would have to look into it. As per GXR, Kuuan, after I saw your shots made on GXR with Heliar 15mm , it made me buy that lens , so small and sharp perfect match for Ricoh! Smallest lens I own. So, Thank you! IMHO , Ricoh GXR not only unique in design and M mount compatibility , but also in the way it renders colours , considering its a CMOS , not a CCD Cool

few more from GR
vista 200

some expired film