Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

17mm f4 SMC Takumar 'Fish-Eye'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: 17mm f4 SMC Takumar 'Fish-Eye' Reply with quote

Found in my files and scanned a 10x8" print I did myself in RA4 chemicals. Taken many years ago now on a trip with the Pentax Club of great Britain to the Didcot Railway . I used an Asahi Pentax 'Electro-Spotmatic' I had bought in Japan in 1973 with a 17mm f4 SMC Takumar fish-eye lens that was 'on loan' from the Pentax Company to Club members on trips, No record of the FILM I used though. I used to enjoy being able to loan lenses until one trip we went to Switzerland and on the way back our coach was stopped at the French border ( BEFORE UK was in the 'EU' ) and the grumpy French Customs put a huge 'Duty' on the Pentax Lenses found in a case -- well, Peter & Liz Cox running the trip had to go round asking us for French Francs to pay the bill ! So that was the END of the 'Lens Loan' scheme !

Train Crossing by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot, Pete. Pin sharp from front to back, I like it a lot! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never find a lot of uses for the FE lenses. Well, here is one.

Well done!!