Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Malmesbury - infrared with Helios 44-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Malmesbury - infrared with Helios 44-2 Reply with quote

I just thought I'd share an image I took last night with my Helios 44-2 58mm lens on a Canon 5D3, and a stup-up ring to use a Hoya R72 77mm filter to create this image looking at the market town of Malmesbury in Wiltshire. Colour image obviously converted to monochrome and "stuff" done in Lightroom. Seems to be a fairly reasonable lens for infrared images; it seems any lens I use for infrared has a lot of vignetting. Anyway, here it is...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo Hugh, very eerie looking.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great one, nicely processed!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I don't always think to use the infrared filter, but for nice strong sunlight, it works well!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great with the extra dark sky!! Not something I've ever tried but nice one Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb Image!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I would always like to create similar images, beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image!
I did some infrared photography too, but never got such a dramatic city scenery.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Takes a little bit of work post-processing, but it was all done in Lightroom, so if I can do it...! Very Happy