Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you store and carry your LF Camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: How do you store and carry your LF Camera? Reply with quote

I have a Toyo-View 45G and it came to me in its original cardboard and styrofoam packed box.
This is getting a little ragged and the foam is starting to disintegrate.
It won't stand up to weather events and outdoor cartage.
I have in mind to make a wooden carry case and was wondering what other LF camera users carry your cameras in to protect them outdoors.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my little Plaubel Peco Junior 10x15 in a backpack - an old one with tubes on the outside to carry the textile bags part.
There I have the camera inside some foam.
Far from ideal, but back then my best idea to carry the camera + lenses + film.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works, then it is a good solution.
I milled some timber today and started gluing together panels for the box I will make.
Making the box won't be difficult, but laying out the camera inside might present a challenge.
I'll post some progress images here.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OH,

I carry my camera on a aluminium case which I padded inside with some foam.
Nevertheless I prefer to go not too far from the car with it,

Very Happy

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Hi OH,

I carry my camera on a aluminium case which I padded inside with some foam.
Nevertheless I prefer to go not too far from the car with it,

Very Happy

Cheers,

Renato

Good solution Renato.
What camera do you use.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Sinar F2 and all the gear with it,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post - sorry
OH

Last edited by Oldhand on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet this afternoon and started work on a wooden carry case for my Toyo 45G.
Rather than turn this into a woodworking thread, I have attached a link to my woodworking blog which shows how I am going about it.
This is a step-by-step explanation in case anyone else wants to also make a case for their own camera.
See:
http://thevillagewoodworker.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/making-carry-case-for-large-format.html
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have continued the building of my wooden carry case and have posted the how-to's in the second instalment here:

http://thevillagewoodworker.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/making-carry-case-for-large-format_16.html

Here is what it looks like at the moment:

Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Glad to know your project keeps going, apart that you have a very nice set of woodworking manual tools - actually I'm jealous of your dovetail work, really nice,

Best,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Renato.
I have been woodworking as my other hobby for most of my adult life, and have accumulated many hand tools - which I prefer using over electron burners for most projects.
I think that I must be something of an anachronism with my preference for mostly manual operations - MF lenses Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Haha
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when the power/light is off our photographs and woodwork doesn't have to end,
Old school, proud of being part of that,

Best,

Renato