Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm f3.5 m39 - any info?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Soligor 135mm f3.5 m39 - any info? Reply with quote

I have this Old Soligor 135mm lens. It has similar style as old canon lenses (post serenars?). Do anyone have information about who made it and when it was produced?

Serial is quite short - No. 1219T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

This thread seems to conclude that a "T" suffix is a Tamron made lens? Others have intimated that the SOLIGOR in script, rather than capitals, is an early lens trait. No other info, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very early Soligor (I will guess mid-late 1950's) and very uncommon.

There are few Soligors in M39 Leica mount - it is rangefinder coupled isn't it ?

There are many very early 135 Soligors in Argus rangefinder screw mount. One of those at least is definitely a Fujita, the 135/4.5 also sold as a Fujitar and a "Robin". This one has little resemblance to that Fujita though.

In this case I would not care to guess, there are a lot of suspects from that time. It could still be a Fujita because of some stylistic resemblance to other known Fujita-made lenses, and the fact that M39 rangefinder lenses usually were completely different designs may excuse any differences.

There are many early Tamrons sold as Soligor, but I have never heard of a Leica mount Tamron lens.

Some lenses that are very likely to be by Fujita -

http://forum.mflenses.com/fujita-the-forgotten-maker-t22482,highlight,fujita+forgotten.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No info to offer but it looks very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the information Wink

Here's a picture of the mount, I don't know how rangfinder coupled looks like Confused

Info from camerapedia:

"35mm f3.5 Soligor, black and chrome
105mm f4 Soligor, black
135mm f3.5 Soligor, black and chrome"

So I guess this may be the 135mm mentioned ?

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/39mm_screw_lenses#Soligor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the rangefinder coupling right there - that brass "tongue" moves the rangefinder wheel on the Leica.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Thats the rangefinder coupling right there - that brass "tongue" moves the rangefinder wheel on the Leica.

Okey Very Happy Thank you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens. Not one you will likely find cheap. When they are listed, you can expect the price in the $300 + USD range. I believe the leica mount ones sell higher. but I can't remember the last one I saw.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Nice lens. Not one you will likely find cheap. When they are listed, you can expect the price in the $300 + USD range. I believe the leica mount ones sell higher. but I can't remember the last one I saw.

That's a pretty good price. I guess price tag is always difficult. It's all about supply and demand Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
walter g wrote:

That's a pretty good price. I guess price tag is always difficult. It's all about supply and demand Very Happy

Your right. You mostly see these sold at camera stores, not private buyers. So setting an actual price on these lenses is hard.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples and mounted Very Happy

Iso 200

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ! Very Happy

This is a nice portrait shooter.
I'm quite impressed with the results.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
WOW ! Very Happy

This is a nice portrait shooter.
I'm quite impressed with the results.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, guys

I am pleased with the results of this old timer but I think the pictures have some lack of sharpness/ contrast. All pictures where shoot wide open on a cloudy day at Iso 200. I guess it's better stopped down. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one! It looks great, the fact it takes decent photos is a bonus!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm (after this five year old thread) that this Soligor is Tanaka made. It stroke my mind a few months ago when I started to collect Tanaka LTM lenses that this old Soligor with "T suffix" may have been made by Tanaka. I got a Tanaka 135mm f/3.5 at my door this evening and there is no doubt anymore, the Soligor IS a Tanaka Very Happy