Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telemar 22 hattrick
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Telemar 22 hattrick Reply with quote

Maybe at the instigation of one of MFL threads, I bought three Telemar lenses altogether. Despite the whole transaction was another pain in the ass, the promised items arrived fine.

I sold one already to minimize the loss and the last one is still (but probably not for a long time) available.

In all cases focus rings ranged from stiff to very stiff (being a sad rule in case of old silver Russian lenses) but otherwise in MINT condition including optics. Many not-too-tight screws, one funny fingerprint inside and no or very limited amount of dust inside clearly indicates someone was messing with in two cases.

Nearly no caps were actually fitting or even original, so I had to mess with spare caps a bit. To speculate a bit, I belive those lenses to come from a limited production (all numbers below 10.000, as already discussed here I think) with original WW2 stolen German caps Very Happy to be used on but not fitting too well though. I've got one cap I find identical to my prewar Tele Tessar 25cm cap and seen the very same combination at least two times online as well. What a lens caps crime story.

No worthy photos made with yet, too wacky weather. f/5.6 so it probably needs a proper sunlight. I expect creamy Tair-like bokeh.

The pics:

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About serial number, all the Telemar-22 have 00 or 000. I have never seen one with "normal" serial number Smile .

This lens is not very hard to disassemble, I have just disassembled one some days ago, because of stiff focus ring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I lurked inside a bit, but do not know how to lube the lens though

Would like to learn, but - no professors Shocked Smile