Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Contax 28mm (Please don't shoot me)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Contax 28mm (Please don't shoot me) Reply with quote

Hey guys, I recently got my hands on a mint Zeiss (Oberkochen) Contax 28mm. And it got to my attention that Leitax made some awesome and relativ easy conversions for this lens (Among others). So I waited weeks for the package to arrive and it did a few weeks ago. I ordered the right screwdriver from him aswell. Sooo I got 3 screws out pretty easy and the last 2 on the actual mount were stuck as hell. Well me being a complete amateur regarding lenses and screwing in general I decided not to screw it up and visit my local camera store and ask for help.

I did, but what I got back I didn't like he messed up the 2 remaining screws beyond screwing, The top is totally messed up and more or less just a screw with a hole now. And he didn't have any other solution for me.

So I'm now stuck with this. I'm not handy at all, but I've read that the screws can be drilled out and such. Which I wouldn't mind as it's for me a non reversable conversion and the screws are messed up anyway.

So you guys have any recommendation for me of anyone that could drill the screws out for me? I currently live in the Netherlands very close to the German border near the Aachen area. I wouldn't mind sending it to someone but would prefer handing it over as you never know what the postage guys will do to your precious cargo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to do is remove the screw head. It can be done by using a hand rotary tool with a right grinding head. I would recommend take it to an experienced lens repairman.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to send it to Foto Olbrich after all the good reviews on here. I'll show it off including photo's once it's done. Very Happy