Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spring flowers with Samyang 135mm T2.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Spring flowers with Samyang 135mm T2.2 Reply with quote

I really love this lens even though it's quite big on my NEX-6. It's sharp from wide open, low CA and smooth bokeh!

It's already spring in South Korea and the first time going out for flower shooting, I picked this lovely lens. All the photos were shot at wide open and only the last one was quite heavily cropped.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like 2 and 4 best, they look most natural to my eye!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
i like 2 and 4 best, they look most natural to my eye!

Thank you!

I always do post processing and sometimes the colors are turned out to be not really natural but in a way that I want to interpret, but it may not a good one to the eyes of the others.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the colours! Surprised I like. Smile

Looks like another awesome lens from Samyang.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Wow, the colours! Surprised I like. Smile

Looks like another awesome lens from Samyang.

Thank you ^^. I own most of the Samyang lenses and I have to say this one is maybe the best, even though it's not the most pricey one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more photos I took today Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, beautiful colors.

Thanks for sharing!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 2nd shot of the 2nd group the best.

Great set! Keep em coming.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive set, I'm jealous of the flowers you have there now, plants here are just starting to break free from the soil this last week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great shots! And I like your postprocessing.

And it seems like this new Samyang os a great lens, I like how it works.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I've waited for months before I can go out and actually use this lens, and it's wonderful.

@Lightshow: But they will be gone very quickly, and the ones I showed here are most of the flowers I've seen around this place. I'm jealous with you since at your place the landscape is just beautiful, while we don't have much in here Crying or Very sad

More shots that I took the other days:

and this one, even though it's not flower, I was really lucky to get this bird close to me and I like this photo a lot:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advert for the lens, nicely done. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

Indeed. So good, in fact, that it just pushed me over the edge to buy one. I´ve been on the fence with this lens (although probably worth every penny and then some, it still is pricier than the MF lenses I usually stick to), but having seen this, I´m sold. The post processing is also great; I love the vibrancy and added hue (which I can´t really put my finger on, it looks like something from a fairy tale)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sceptic wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Indeed. So good, in fact, that it just pushed me over the edge to buy one. I´ve been on the fence with this lens (although probably worth every penny and then some, it still is pricier than the MF lenses I usually stick to), but having seen this, I´m sold. The post processing is also great; I love the vibrancy and added hue (which I can´t really put my finger on, it looks like something from a fairy tale)

Thanks SonicScot and sceptic!

Even though this lens is not a cheap one, the price is reasonable regarding the quality it can deliver. You won't regret buying it for sure (unless someone doesn't know how to use it properly, but I highly doubt that with people in our forum). I notice that the price is increased a bit since the day I bought it (10% more expensive), so maybe after 2 or 3 months it will be down to around $470-490, I guess.

So today I'm still trying to find more flowers, even though it rained. 90% of the shots I always used T2.2, except only when I need thicker DOF. As I did my test before, stopping down almost doesn't make the photo sharper, it's already sharp from wide open.

The flowers with raindrops turned out to be surprisingly good Smile