Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 66 mount flange distance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 66 mount flange distance Reply with quote

I have an old Voigtlander Skopar 4,5/105 mm lens from 1937

I want to use it with my Nex 5 N

I can't find the mount flange distance of the Voigtlander Bessa camera

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 66 mount flange distance Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I have an old Voigtlander Skopar 4,5/105 mm lens from 1937

I want to use it with my Nex 5 N

I can't find the mount flange distance of the Voigtlander Bessa camera

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Bessa_(folders)
I doubt they published anything.... And I wouldn't know what their point of reference would be on the lens... So you'll have to determine the register yourself, it's back focus should be close to 105mm from it's optical center(wherever that is), this means hacking off the optics, find your point of attachment, then freelens for infinity, and measure to the mount flange.

Kathmandu may be able to measure his adapters length for his to alpha mount(44.5mm), then add 26.5mm for E mount(44.5mm - 18mm = 26.5mm).
http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlander-braunschweig-anastigmat-skopar-105mm-f4-5-t41419.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming this lens is from an old folding camera, my solution is to mount the lens/shutter assembly into a body-cap then fit the body-cap to a set of bellows. Allows for very quick assessment of the lens and gives significant macro capability as a bonus Smile My 10.5cm Trioplan works very well like this!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bellows is the way to go. I have a picture somewhere .. If you have a 6x9 folding camera or can get your hands on one, a quick measure of the open distance lens to film plane will be the flange distance, if accurately enough achieved.

6 3/8" Focus Wollensak F4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat by Jussi, on Flickr

6 3/8" Focus Wollensak F4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat -> gaffer taped to M42 barrel -> Pentax Bellows II -> M42/EOS adapter -> EOS/NEX tilt adapter -> NEX C3

modern view camera by Jussi, on Flickr

Kodak Anastigmat - Nikon PB4 - Spiratone F->M42 - M43->Nex - Nex C3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster, it appears that your bellows ii has swing movement. If so I must acquire one of those.