Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small unknown lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Small unknown lens Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar one, looks like a Lancaster & Sons landscape lens to me.
http://collectionsonline.nmsi.ac.uk/detail.php?type=related&kv=8207633&t=objects

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Thank you very much.
It looks indeed very similar.
It could be from one of their cameras.
That would explain the lack of any name or number on the lens.

Sometimes they delivered to other makers ("subcontract" this is called nowadays...) which would also explain it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a nice style. Particularly on the photos of the two ladies. A nice little lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's signature here says something like "a life is not enough to try all the lenses" (my memory doesn't work very well, I might be quoting it wrong...)

When I see posts like this that shows how many gems are out there I think to that signature Smile

That's a great finding to my eyes Bernhard!
I particularly love the second to last shot, that bokeh is something amazing, it looks like a painting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real oldie and deliver decent too Very Happy
I little gem you have there, congrats

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgustav wrote:
Someone's signature here says something like "a life is not enough to try all the lenses" (my memory doesn't work very well, I might be quoting it wrong...)

When I see posts like this that shows how many gems are out there I think to that signature Smile

That's Calvin83's signature, indeed, i think of that quote as well when i see another one i want put on my wish list! Very Happy