Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Colorplan 90/2.5 (46mm Germany version) and spring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Leitz Colorplan 90/2.5 (46mm Germany version) and spring Reply with quote

Like I said, I was testing out a few of my Leitz projection lenses, this here is the early metal barrelled 46mm diameter Made in Germany version of the Colorplan 90mm f/2.5. The camera used is my Sony A7.

I used the original metal focussing tube and extension tubes. As you can see in the last photo, using a proper lens hood and minimizing internal reflections by flocking the tubes properly might have been useful.

This Colorplan has a very subtle and smooth bokeh, as do all versions I have seen so far.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick, I'm quite a bit in shock, as that lens (at least mine) can do worlds better:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157658050401373

And that is not even the Colorplan P2 or the best of them all the Super Colorplan P2 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, my humble apologies for shocking you. Interesting to see what you consider worlds better.

As you apparently prefer high contrast here are a few quick samples of a backlit tulip as seen by some of my Colorplans, straight out of camera (Sony A7):

#1 Colorplan fully metal 46mm diameter Made in Germany

#2 Colorplan partly plastic 42.5mm diameter Made in Germany

#3 Colorplan Pro for RT series projectors 52.5mm diameter Made in Portugal