Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 65T 52mm/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Helios 65T 52mm/2 Reply with quote

Hi!

Here is an interesting lens I found some weeks ago. It was made by KMZ. 13 blades aperture.

It needed to be adapted, since it's from a television device (tube television thing, hard to understand exatly).

Here is the lens itself :

It's a tiny lens :

It was mounted on this device (photo from zenitcamera.com)

It has big helios caracter, but I like it.
Here are some samples made on A7. All are wide open exepted #4 bit closed, and #8 @f4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me Pierre!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, it looks great. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 44 vintage (I think ) that looks a lot like this. Pm me so we can compare and better identify.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
I have 44 vintage (I think ) that looks a lot like this. Pm me so we can compare and better identify.

I think rendering is quite similar to other Helios.
The Helios-65 is "next" generation of Helios. As I read, Volosov tried to improve the Helios-44 by reaching a more wide focal (Helios-44 is 58mm). On this point, it was a succes since Helios-65 is 52mm, but in other hand, the 65 has less resolution than 44 (44 is 5l/m better in center and borders). Then, the Helios-81 was designed, with 52mm focal, but with a way better resolution due to lanthan glasses.
That's why Helios-65 was only produced for Kiev-10, and then quite fastly been replaced by Helios-81 on Kiev-15.