Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K3ii with pixel shifting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Pentax K3ii with pixel shifting Reply with quote

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/293731-pentax-k-3-ii-officially-announced.html

still crop sensor, but the feature sounds promising.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of on-board flash & tiltable screen seems disadvantages to me.
I do use off camera flash, but find the on-board one a useful addition for fill in light and cases where I don't want to lug all my gear with me, and it can be useful for controlling the main flash too!
From the specs I don't see any great advantages over the K3, but improvements in AF etc might provide those...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a niche camera. Advantages: superior image quality when pixel shifting technology can be applied, astrotracer without external devices. For other features it require a new concept in another body completely different from K3. They are busy with FF by the end of this year .