Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enna Tele-Ennalyt 240mm f/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Enna Tele-Ennalyt 240mm f/4.5 Reply with quote

Does anyone have disassembly experience with the Enna Tele-Ennalyt 240mm f/4.5, not the earlier "zebra" one but the later "plasticky" one as shown here http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/518-enna-munchen-mc-tele-ennalyt-240mm-f-4-5-22 ?

I've just scored a scruffy example for "not-a-lot" and got the aperture working, but the front element/group needs cleaning internally and I can't see any obvious means of removing it.

Any insights will be gratefully received Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably screw out the entire front group by hand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
You can probably screw out the entire front group by hand

Not quite Sad

A bit of "brute force" has ascertained that, from right to left, the outer shell unscrews, then the inner ring, but this still leaves the glass firmly attached to the "inner body" of the lens.

I only have a plastic "filter wrench" suitable for gripping a cylinder like this and I don't seem to be able to grip it tight enough to get anything else to unscrew, assuming, of course, that it does unscrew !?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that lens could be popped out with a sucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

OK ... you've piqued my interest ... what exactly does this entail? Are you suggesting the lens (group) should just lift out with no further unscrewing? I can feel no movement at all, rotationally or longitudinally, but I've got a big sucker, I'll give it a go if you think it just needs a good tug Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Japan-Hobby-Sucker-Camera-Repair/dp/B00H121BF8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Excellent!
Thank you, that's worked Smile

The muck on the innermost element can be seen on the left-hand item, but it's just grease/oil, so will wash and polish easily Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results wide open after a clean and a polish Smile

Minimum focus is a lengthy 4m, but it only weighs 414gm, so I think it was worth the effort.

Thanks again Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. My Ennalyt 35 and 135 have very soft rendering as well

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a good ending Like 1 .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Revuenon version today. It had a very dirty third element. After I had cleaned and reassembled it the corners were very blurry. Flipping every element did not work and in de end it turned out to be the spacer ring between the second and third element that was reversed... The side with the little ridge goes against element three..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pic (cropped a bit of the right and toned/sharpened):
Asterkeh by The lens profile, on Flickr