Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Several lenses (fungus) and other bits and bobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Several lenses (fungus) and other bits and bobs Reply with quote

IMGP5063 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

I've been away from the hobby for a while, and as a consequence these have been abandoned.
IMGP5064 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

When I was really afflicted with the lens buying syndrome, symptoms were reduced by exploring old manual lenses. It got really bad though, as I was dismantling them to clean or solve mechanical problems. Well trying to, anyway.

They all have varying degree of fungus infestation, none very bad, some wisps mostly on the edges. I hope someone is willing to give them a second chance. Its not a job for me any more.

Tamron 70-210mm adaptall-2, great lens, integrated hood, smooth operation, mechanically perfect, tiny scratch in front lens element.
SMC-A 50mm F1.7, this was a recovery job, those with a keen eye will not that the rubber grip for the focus ring is not the original. the aperture ring wasn't working properly, but now does although could do with proper lubrication. Otherwise mechanical perfect, focus is ridiculous smooth. I don't need to tell anyone how good this lens is, this is definitely worth the recovery.
Steinheil 135mm F4.5 M42, this not a rare find, but uncommon. Good lens but not brilliant (check my CZJ for a great 135mm M42). It is complete with original case, cap and filter.
Industar-61 50mm F2.8, solid results, this shows its age, but still works great, although the focus ring is not perfectly smooth.

Tamron adaptall 28mm F2.8, this was never a brilliant lens, so when I wanted to test cleaning a lens I went for this one. It did not go well. I must have reversed one of the many lens elements, as it recovered from surgery focusing well in the centre and less so out of it. I never bothered trying to correct it since it was a funny effect and it wasn't worth the hassle. Free

I've also have this free to go, although I doubt anyone will touch it.
Pentax 70-200mm
IMGP5084 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
IMGP5056 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
The horror!

The Tamron 28mm and the 70-200mm are free to whomever wants to clean them or scavenge for parts.

Carl Zeiss Jenna 135mm F3.5 M42

IMGP5065 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

IMGP5081 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

IMGP5082 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

IMGP5075 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

The lens has no problems inside aside from minor dust. It is scratched in 3 spots, which hopefully are well pictured. This does not affect image quality as far as I've seen.
I've disengaged the automatic aperture pin, but you can reconnect this to work on M42 mount film cameras.
I'd put this lens on par with the SMC-M 135 F3.5 as the sharpest 135mm lens I've had.

Caps and hoods:

IMGP5049 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Left to right
82mm, 68mm (push cap), 72mm, 62mm, 60mm (push cap)
2 62mm collapsable rubber hoods, 54mm metal hood

Filters:
IMGP5051 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Hoya PL 58mm
Hoya PL-CIR 52mm
Hoya Skylight 1B 55mm
Vivitar Skylight 1A 58mm
B+W Skylight 55E 010 1x 55mm
2 filter cases

Other bits:

IMGP5054 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Optical Flash trigger
MZ-50 back
Dioptrics adjuster +2

I'm looking for Pentax 200mm F4 or Tamron 200mm and Tamron 300mm F5.6, so if anyone has one of those to spare I hope there is potential for trade.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to indicate that i'm in Portugal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FA 70-200mm and Tamron 28mm are now going to a new home.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ 135mm no longer for trade. I'm selling it, please see the marketplace.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC 50mm no longer for trade, now selling on this forum.