Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele Kinegon 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Tele Kinegon 135mm Reply with quote

Just won this fairly old Japanese item on Ebay US around €22 excluding postage (and possible stupid fees) yesterday.

"Surprisingly", the only clues about using this lens leads either to Attila Laughing or to a bunch of Asian bokehmeisters, discussing in weird languages and using weird symbols Very Happy

Being psychically well prepared to expect optically the worst, I already like the lens very much Very Happy

Marek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this, and a couple of its big brothers the 135/2.8

http://forum.mflenses.com/sonnagar-komine-135-2-8-ex-praktina-t19551,highlight,%2Bsonnagar.html

Its a Sankor, made by Nissin Optical.
This is a fixed mount lens, not a T-mount, and its probably from the early 1960's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Sankor, it could be very good or it could be mediocre, Sankors in my experience can be both. The 2.5/105 is excellent but I have a couple of 200s that are both poor.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it arrived. The optics have certainly seen a better days and of course customs fascists conjured up an extra fees, but another rare relatively cheap lens is at home again. Better not have boring bokeh! Laughing

Shipping and fees actualy cost me much more than item itself, that's how I really don't imagine free healthy market Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome guy. Very Happy

I'm waiting for your sample pics with this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I went out with under a below average sun. The bokeh is somewhat calm, possibly with small filled circles and rainbow effect against the sun.

Ad sharpness, the lens seems to be a decent performer even wide open.

f/3.5

f/22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

f22 is too much , because of diffraction, try f8-f11 for better sharpness and micro-contrast

bokeh seems creamy , maybe good performer for portrait Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, wide open makes the car in the background just disappear. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this too as Canadian branded "Carsen". It has slightly different "makeup" than yours Wink