Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 58mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 58mm f2 Reply with quote

Just got my first russian lens, Helios 44M-4 58mm f2 and I couldn't wait to tested it. All images shot at f2.
I think is a very nice lens, very sharp, nice bokeh, not as swirly as other Helios lenses ( as far as I can see other images online).

Last edited by lucius on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics. I have this lens as well as the 44-6. One can produce very swirly pics if the subject is placed right.

The lens I reach for the most as a general lens is the 44-6.

You will like your lens a lot. What camera are you using it on?

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newfie wrote:
Very nice pics. I have this lens as well as the 44-6. One can produce very swirly pics if the subject is placed right.

Regards,

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,
I am a Takumar collector so this lens is definitive a surprise for me. Not having such a strong swirly bokeh is a plus for me ( I'm not crazy for swirly). I mount it on Canon EOS, these pictures taken with 5DmkII.

Last edited by lucius on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples there, lucius. I believe you will like this lens a lot Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely taken photos and all of them spot on. I discover the Helios 44 series after coming to this forum and I am glad I found the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Nicely taken photos and all of them spot on. I discover the Helios 44 series after coming to this forum and I am glad I found the lens.

Thanks. I'm happy I found this lens. Soon I'm planning to test it against my Takumars.
I noticed that you have lots of CZJ. How you like them? Hope I don't start collecting Zeiss glass now. Smile I have just one, CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 8 blades, I like the optics but the construction of the lens is worse than the russian lenses!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucius wrote:
Newfie wrote:

Regards,

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,
I am a Takumar collector so this lens is definitive a surprise for me. Not having such a strong swirly bokeh is a plus for me ( I'm not crazy for swirly). I mount it on Canon EOS, these pictures taken with 5DmkII.

There is a K mount of the 44m-4 (44K-4) but is not as common.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 44K-4 K-mount, never tried it, only used the m42 mount.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 44-4 was the first manual lens that I purchased to use with a digital camera. I reach for it often and find it to be very satisfying for such a budget lens. You are getting nice results with yours.