Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor to EOS mount conversion kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Rokkor to EOS mount conversion kit Reply with quote

has anyone tried these kits seen around the web? The user installable kind without lathe work needed

any feedback appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one for the 58/1.2? It works well, I've converted mine back to its native mount.
http://www.jimbuchananspace.com/Camera_Services.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats is the one i was looking at, is it easy to do?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, doesn't look to hard to DIY. I don't use a Canon DSLR so I'm not sure I need to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Rokkor 58mm/1.2 the conversion with such a kit should be easy - as long as the screws are not corroded.
But after this conversion you still have the mirror problem for example with native EOS 5D. You need to shorten the mirror, or file down the retainer ring of the last lens of the Rokkor to get infinity.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
On the Rokkor 58mm/1.2 the conversion with such a kit should be easy - as long as the screws are not corroded.
But after this conversion you still have the mirror problem for example with native EOS 5D. You need to shorten the mirror, or file down the retainer ring of the last lens of the Rokkor to get infinity.

Good point, thx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who may help, he's my go to Rokkor guru http://www.rharris-images.com/ contact details for Richard on his site

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
yes thats is the one i was looking at, is it easy to do?

Yes, very easy, provided the screws are not seized, there are 4 long screws and 4 short screws, the short screws hold the mount to the spacer, the longer screws go deeper into the body to attach the mount & spacer to it.
You unscrew it, swap the screws to the new mount & spacer, and reattach it, as long as you use caution and plan your steps, you should have no problem, having the correct JIS screwdrivers help.

Just use extra caution around the rear element.

Yeas the rear element retaining ring can be an issue with some of the 5D & 6D cameras, Live view mode will get you around this issue for near infinity shots.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity focus can be fine tuned by removal of the id ring giving access to screws beneath it, slack these scews off enables adjustment of the helicoid, I'm sorry but I can't remember (old bastd) which direction to turn for plus or minus but it shouldn't take long to figure it out Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some great advice thanks all,

just waiting for Jim to reply - been 2 days already