Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old country railway station konica 100/2.8 Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Old country railway station konica 100/2.8 Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

I went for a drive yesterday and stopped here for a break.The K-01 had a dead battery so I had to use the Panasonic G1 and Konica.I was too lazy (and in a hurry) to change the lens or bring another lens and adapter.A fifty would have been very handy to fit the buildings in. I also forgot to bring the hood as it was a bright day.
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6) my favorite,what a great old lock

7)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your favourite is also my favourite, nice work Mo, good lens too by the looks of things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was a hot day Mo.
We are in the Blue Mountains ATM and yesterday here was verrrry hot.
Good lens.
I like the lock as well.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised that such an old lock (perhaps its not that old? ) would still be in use.

It was a pleasant day out not hot,just right Very Happy I hope you are taking some photos while up in the Blue mountains,visiting any Antique shops while you are up there?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some harsh light you had to deal with, you should be able to bring back most of them with some PP, as a start(in LR).... contrast +10, shadow -10, blacks -5, highlight -5-10, saturation +5, vibrance +5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I was surprised that such an old lock (perhaps its not that old? ) would still be in use.

It was a pleasant day out not hot,just right Very Happy I hope you are taking some photos while up in the Blue mountains,visiting any Antique shops while you are up there?

Yes, taking piccies as we go. Too close to Sydney for the antique shops to have any value in them - quite exy.
Best chance of finding a bargain will be in Mittagong.
We have been walking quite a bit, but took the day off today to see The 2nd Best Marigold Hotel - great movie!
Walking at Wentworth Falls tomorrow.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Moira!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus,

OH, Are you going to the 3 Sisters at all?if you do go,take the track to the right (I think it starts from somewhere near the top) it has a nice lookout at the end of it. Don't walk down the stairs if you value your knees Laughing There is a walk I did with the family near wentworth falls,I just can't remember where it is Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a splendid Spaghetti Western scenery! Perhaps pol filter would help to put harsh light under control.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Some harsh light you had to deal with, you should be able to bring back most of them with some PP, as a start(in LR).... contrast +10, shadow -10, blacks -5, highlight -5-10, saturation +5, vibrance +5

What version of LR are you referring to - in LR3.6 I don't have neg blacks...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have a chance to return here in the coming weeks,I will take a few extra lenses and a Pol filter....and some hoods. Thanks for the advice, the light is always harsh from mid morning onwards.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your making me home sick... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Melbourne really that different from the rest of Australia? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have nice 'western' movie feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning and evening light is lees harsh & more dramatic! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks Klaus,

OH, Are you going to the 3 Sisters at all?if you do go,take the track to the right (I think it starts from somewhere near the top) it has a nice lookout at the end of it. Don't walk down the stairs if you value your knees Laughing There is a walk I did with the family near wentworth falls,I just can't remember where it is Embarassed

Off there tomorrow. My knees are in recovery mode today. Yesterday we did the walk to Empress Falls and then to Wentworth Falls lookout. Finished with the Leura Cascades.
Slept like a log last night. Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vis, I know that, but you have to go and do within the time that you are passing through.At least I know what's there and what lens choice may be better than the Konica. Very Happy

OH,I look forward to seeing some of your photos from these walkies!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

What version of LR are you referring to - in LR3.6 I don't have neg blacks...

I'm using LR5.6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hard conditions.

The light is very clear and strong.

But.........where is CA?

Do you PP for it?

Nice images. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't PP for CA,I try to avoid it by not taking images that cause it... Laughing

What can I say the light is very harsh here in Australia,you have the heat wobbles between the subject and camera (not sure what its technically called).How do you compensate for that? using the hood plus a filter? As I said I may have the chance to travel back through here in the coming weeks....any advice will be noted and applied Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heat wobbling is often called 'mirage' but there's nothing we can do about that. Well, not until some genius comes up with a post processing fix. Sometimes a polarising filter can help with the haze, but a lot depends on the position and inclination of the sun relative to the shot you're taking. Those hot bright days make photography a bit tricky. One of the big spoilers is any amount of overexposure. Mmm, we don't get much chance to practice those skills here most of the time Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More then you ever wanted to know http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage
Heat wobbling isn't really a Mirage, I usually call it Atmospheric Convection Distortion or Heat Shimmer.
It can either be cool, or a PITA.